Drug Tariff updates include Category M and gluten free foods
June 27 2016
A number of price changes and other amendments in the Drug Tariffs have been announced.
For England and Wales, NHS Business Services Authority has announced the following amendments to reimbursement prices in the June Tariff:
- trazodone 100mg capsules - £36.50
- trazodone 150mg tablets - £28.50
- trazodone 50mg capsules - £30.50
- ropinirole 1mg tablets - £56.71
NHSBSA has also published the list of Category M prices which will apply to prescriptions from July 1.
In Scotland, an NHS Circular has advised that the “Gluten Free Prescribable Product List has been updated with effect from 10 June 2016 to take account of new products and discontinued lines in the last 12 months.” An annex to NHS Circular PCA (P) (2016)10 sets out the updated list.
Community Pharmacy Scotland has also updated the list of adjusted prices as follows:
- flecainide 50mg tablets - 60 - 1080
- flecainide 100mg tablets - 60 - 1080
- nitrofurantoin 50mg tablets - 28 - 1320
- nitrofurantoin 100mg tablets - 28 - 1399