Scotland confirms pharmacy staff training fund allocations for 2016-17
May 23 2016
Community pharmacies in Scotland will be able to continue to apply for funding for staff development training during 2016-17.
Funding has been renewed, with the arrangements introduced in 2009 continuing now until March 31 2017. It means funding of up to £800 per contractor will be available to support training for the following:
- Pharmacy Services Level 2 - NVQ/SVQ;
- Pharmacy Services Level 3 -NVQ/SVQ;
- Accredited Checking Technician - National Pharmacy Association Accuracy in Dispensing Training Module or equivalent;
- SQA Higher National (HN) unit - Procedures for Pharmacy Dispensary Checking Technicians or equivalent.
To claim the funding, pharmacy contractors need to submit the claims form attached to NHS Circular PCA (P) (2016) 8 by January 21 2017. Submissions must include appropriate evidence “that a member of the claimant/contractor’s staff is about to commence, has commenced or has completed a listed course that was booked from 1 April 2016 onwards.”
Suitable documentary evidence will be one or more of the following:
- a copy invoice of the cost of the training course
- a letter of registration to the course signed by the training provider
- a copy certificate of course completion.
SEHD NHS Circular PCA (P) (2016) 8 http://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/pca/PCA2016(P)08.pdf