RPS publishes online resource to support pharmacists working in general practice
November 16 2015
An online resource designed to be an “ultimate guide to working in a GP practice” is available on the Royal Pharmaceutical Society website.
The resource is intended to support pharmacists thinking of a clinical career in general practice or who are starting work as a practice pharmacist for the first time.
It covers a range of topics, including:
- the role
- practical guidance
- legal and regulatory frameworks
- managing medicines
- professional guidance and ethical issues
- clinical guidance and support tools
- how the RPS Faculty & Foundation can be used in GP practice
- accessing accredited clinical training and support.
“The announcement about which sites will be taking part in NHS England’s Clinical Pharmacists in General Practice Pilot is expected any day now, so there’s never been a better time to start preparing for a prospective new role as a practice pharmacist,” said the RPS.